• A brilliant brand integration between Fox + iStock.
• Animal illustrations with a hipster flair.
• Awesome packaging for FROLIC, flavored peanut butter.
• A quick video on why packaging really is important.
• 13 podcasts to inspire and make you smarter.
• Ikea furniture that will be able to charge your phone wirelessly.
• Easily distracted like me? Could have something to do with your creativity.
• Airbnb is always doing interesting+ out of the box campaigns. Check out their newest.
THURSDAY. I am off to Seattle to do some wedding planning (!!), and meet with a bunch of vendors. All you wedding pros, planners and enthusiasts, what are some of the best tips you have for staying organized? Let me know! Enjoy this week’s round up of noteworthy links from around the web!
• How an old school publishing house is using digital design to sell their books (Check out the interactive site.)
• 30 beautiful reasons to love red, pink, orange + yellow.
• Love love love the packaging design on these chocolate truffles
• This super detailed, hand illustrated map of Paris by Jenni Sparks is so well done, I can’t stop looking at it.
• Need some inspiration for your Oscar viewing party? My friend (and expert event designer) Simply Troy has some great hosting tips over on La Crema‘s blog. (I also designed some pretty awesome Oscar ballots + bingo cards that are available to download on their site.)
• A simple secret to finding happiness.
• Have you see Drake’s newest mixtape, “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late,” album cover? The typographic choice is…interesting, and was very quickly turned into an interactive site. Play around with your own album name creations here.
• Redecorating your home? Check out this year’s interior design trends.
• Wanderlust? Check out this gorgeous travel site to inspire your next trip.
Love is certainly in the air with Valentine’s Day around the corner. Whether you have a hot date, or plan on laying low, I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Enjoy this week’s round up of noteworthy links found across the web.
• While it is sunny + warm here in LA, the other coast has been bundling up. One person decided to make the best of the falling snow and created temporary typographic beauties.
• Remember Microsoft Paint? Bet you haven’t seen art this gorgeous come out of that program.
• Peak Brooklyn hipster levels have been reached. What do you think of this super clean branding?
• Did you see yesterday’s post about this year’s trending Valentine’s Day inspiration + visuals?
• Do you follow me on Instagram? I’ve created a hashtag for positive quotes, mantras + inspiration: #TheDailyShine. Check it out, and start adding your own! @fromraintoshine
• Find your wine and cheese soulmate with this program.
• I hosted a Galentine’s Day with Party Pail. Check it out here!
• How to rock at social media, according to one popular model.
• 10 Things I Learned + Loved This Weekend: Bright Bazaar‘s weekly serious of gorgeous photos, happy thoughts + lovely colors.
Happy Thursday! Enjoy this week’s Noteworthy round up! Be sure to check out Tuesday’s DIY to learn how to make these awesome floral centerpieces!
• Packaging design trends for 2015.
• Did you know Pantone does a color of the day?
• Famous painting recreated with Pantone chips.
• An illustrator brings pop culture to Starbucks sleeves.
• Overwhelmed? Try these productivity tips.
• It’s not too late to start creating an amazing 2015.
• Motivational quotes for entrepreneurs.
• Check out a guest Galentine’s Day post I did for Chelsea over on Lovely Indeed.
After a month long break, and a few days at Alt Summit, I am back and inspired. Check out this week’s round up of noteworthy links that I have found inspiring.
• If you saw Aaron Draplin’s inspiring interview last month, here are a few more nuggets to get you pumped on design.
• Movies on Netflix for every designer.
• Creativity hacks for those who may not consider themselves “creative.”
• A card game to help discover your brand.
• An interesting perspective on a way to save time.
• The search for the perfect nap. Is there one?
• Social media, according to a teen.
• Super Bowl predictions from a variety of sources. GO HAWKS!
December is flying by! I can’t believe we are so close to Hanukkah/Christmas, and let me tell you, I’m SO excited. Enjoy today’s noteworthy link roundup of articles I find interesting + inspiring.
• Oh my gosh, a watch based off of the classic font Helvetica.
• Last week, Pantone announced the 2015 Color of the Year. HOW magazine has collected reactions from across the web.
• I am a big fan of simple wordmarks that serve as logos. This article explains the importance of type in life + design.
• Five web design trends to watch in 2015.
• The top 10 most watched YouTube videos of 2014.
• The 35 best cities for young adults to live. (Spoiler, Seattle is in the top 10, of course!)
• Newton’s Laws of Productivity, aka how to get stuff done.
• Six small changes to start your day better.
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are getting into the holiday spirit! Here is a round up of some great links I found this week.
• Pantone has announced the 2015 Color of the Year!
• What every young designer should know.
• Loving this creative + colorful packaging.
• Yahoo Mail has partnered up with Paperless Post to bring beautiful designs right to your email to use for your correspondence.
• Procrastinate? Most of us do. Check out these steps to help minimize your procrastination.
• The New York Times has released the 100 Notable Books 0f 2014. You may find your next book club book.
• Looking for some new music? Buzzfeed has compiled a list of 40 lesser known songs.
• Why do we have our own unique laugh?
GUYS…7 days away from Thanksgiving! Here are some of my favorite noteworthy links from this past week. Enjoy this Friday eve (aka Thursday).
• Vintage menu designs from various Los Angeles restaurants.
• Calling all typography lovers: this new Apple font is the perfect hybrid between Helvetica + Din that you didn’t know you totally need.
• This Creative Directors Playbook on Flipboard.
• Loving the texture + typography in this design firm’s work based in Uruguay.
• How are you spending your life? This video puts it in perspective.
• Cooking for Thanksgiving this year? Check out this Thanksgiving food calculator, to help you determine what you need, and how much. Brilliant!
• Looking for the perfect gift? The Sweet Escape has put together quite the impressive gift guide, Merry Mag. LOVE!
• Have you seen Megan Trainor’s new music video, Lips are Movin’? They partnered with HP and brought in next-gen influencers (Viners, Instagrammers, YouTubers + Bloggers) to create a fun, colorful and eye catching video. Check out behind the scenes here.
We are only two weeks away from Thanksgiving, aka my favorite holiday, aka the BEST time of year. I’m pretty excited. The holiday’s and end of the year can be a stressful time. Remember to breathe and focus on the happy things. Enjoy today’s link roundup of inspiring articles from across the web!
• Remember this S’mores party I did in collaboration with Tiny Prints? Check it out on weheartparties.com!
• Get me to Brussels, and stat! Pantone has opened up a color lovers dream hotel, aptly named the Pantone Hotel. Have a look, and tell me your thoughts.
• Typography is key, some even say that it’s 95% of good web design, which is why companies are “future proofing” their typefaces.
• #crafttherainbow: Check out The House That Lars built on Instagram, and follow along with this colorful + inspirational hashtag!
• Instagram now allows you to edit your captions on photos…buh-bye spelling mistakes! Now if they could create a better way to toggle between different accounts, that’d be greaaaat.
• Seven social media tips from Queen Bey (‘s social media manager) herself.
• Inhale, Exhale, just like it says. Here are some quick yoga tips to help you feel better while working.