The theme of our Mini Party was Pop Alt. Inspired by Andy Warhol, bright colors + the pop art movement, we transformed the room into a color blocked wonderland. The walls were adorned with over 900 feet of hand sewed black and white drapes (created by Ms. French Knot Studios
herself) + giant Andy Warhol quotes (designed by yours truly), the tables covered with stunning sequin table cloths (thanks Troy
+ La Tavola
!) + a gorgeous geo curtain
backdrop for selfies. As take aways/swag, I designed four postcards printed by Tiny Prints
, each with a different Warhol quote. Izzy
was there to photograph + capture the evening, and created an awesome 80’s pop music playlist. For the center pieces, we created a floral meets comic art masterpiece. Check out the DIY below so you can make your own awesome center pieces. Bonus! The icons I designed are also available as a free download!
• 2 rectangles of wet floral foam
• Bamboo skewers
• Spray paint in assorted colors
• These downloadable
images (if you choose!)
• Card stock
• Adhesive backed glitter paper
• Glue pen
• Salad plate
• Plate to hold the floral foam
1. Print elements on card stock.
2. Cut out the shapes from the cardstock, and matching shapes from the adhesive backed glitter paper.
3. Spray paint the bamboo skewers in a variety of bright colors.
4. Draw on the elements with the glue pen where you want to accent with glitter. The glue pen dries pretty quickly, so work in sections.
5. Sprinkle with glitter.
6. Peel off the backing paper of the glitter paper, attach the bamboo skewer, then carefully line up the printed piece on top. Press together firmly to adhere.
7. Repeat steps 2-6 for each element.
8. Place floral foam long sides side by side on a salad plate and trim off the corners so they’ll fit. Then soak in water.
9. After foam soaks, place on salad plate. Cut stems of carnations so they are about 2″ long.
10. Gently push each carnation into the foam making sure to hide all the green foam.
A few months back, I attended Freutcamp, put on by the lovely Leah of Freutcake. There I met Natalie (of www.njinla.com), who spoke about the importance of a positive attitude, optimisim and surrounding yourself by others who inspire you. Well, she mentioned writing down all the good things that happen to you so if you are ever feeling down, you can pull out that list and remember that you are pretty AWESOME. I took it one step further and decided to create a Little Success Jar. Any proud or positive accomplishment that happens, I am going to write it down and put it in the jar. It’s a great way to practice an attitude of gratitude and keep your spirits up! What better time to start this than the beginning of a new year?
I chose to decorate my mason jar with wash tape and some twine. You can decorate yours with anything! Markers, paint, paper, whatever speaks to you.
1. Start by choosing large container. I wanted mine to be see through so I could see it fill up over time.
2. Decorate with your choice of materials.
3. When you are finished, find a few scraps of paper.
4. Ta-da! SUPER EASY, quick, and a great way to celebrate the little things in life. Let me know if you make one and how you decorate it!
I chose to display mine next to my matchbook and wine cork collection. I think it fits in nicely on my side table, don’t you?