December is flying by! I can’t believe we are so close to Hanukkah/Christmas, and let me tell you, I’m SO excited. Enjoy today’s noteworthy link roundup of articles I find interesting + inspiring.
• Oh my gosh, a watch based off of the classic font Helvetica.
• Last week, Pantone announced the 2015 Color of the Year. HOW magazine has collected reactions from across the web.
• I am a big fan of simple wordmarks that serve as logos. This article explains the importance of type in life + design.
• Five web design trends to watch in 2015.
• The top 10 most watched YouTube videos of 2014.
• The 35 best cities for young adults to live. (Spoiler, Seattle is in the top 10, of course!)
• Newton’s Laws of Productivity, aka how to get stuff done.
• Six small changes to start your day better.
Today’s Color My World is in honor of the Pantone Color of the Year for 2015, Marsala. Enjoy!
[1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5]
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are getting into the holiday spirit! Here is a round up of some great links I found this week.
• Pantone has announced the 2015 Color of the Year!
• What every young designer should know.
• Loving this creative + colorful packaging.
• Yahoo Mail has partnered up with Paperless Post to bring beautiful designs right to your email to use for your correspondence.
• Procrastinate? Most of us do. Check out these steps to help minimize your procrastination.
• The New York Times has released the 100 Notable Books 0f 2014. You may find your next book club book.
• Looking for some new music? Buzzfeed has compiled a list of 40 lesser known songs.
• Why do we have our own unique laugh?
GUYS…7 days away from Thanksgiving! Here are some of my favorite noteworthy links from this past week. Enjoy this Friday eve (aka Thursday).
• Vintage menu designs from various Los Angeles restaurants.
• Calling all typography lovers: this new Apple font is the perfect hybrid between Helvetica + Din that you didn’t know you totally need.
• This Creative Directors Playbook on Flipboard.
• Loving the texture + typography in this design firm’s work based in Uruguay.
• How are you spending your life? This video puts it in perspective.
• Cooking for Thanksgiving this year? Check out this Thanksgiving food calculator, to help you determine what you need, and how much. Brilliant!
• Looking for the perfect gift? The Sweet Escape has put together quite the impressive gift guide, Merry Mag. LOVE!
• Have you seen Megan Trainor’s new music video, Lips are Movin’? They partnered with HP and brought in next-gen influencers (Viners, Instagrammers, YouTubers + Bloggers) to create a fun, colorful and eye catching video. Check out behind the scenes here.
We are only two weeks away from Thanksgiving, aka my favorite holiday, aka the BEST time of year. I’m pretty excited. The holiday’s and end of the year can be a stressful time. Remember to breathe and focus on the happy things. Enjoy today’s link roundup of inspiring articles from across the web!
• Remember this S’mores party I did in collaboration with Tiny Prints? Check it out on weheartparties.com!
• Get me to Brussels, and stat! Pantone has opened up a color lovers dream hotel, aptly named the Pantone Hotel. Have a look, and tell me your thoughts.
• Typography is key, some even say that it’s 95% of good web design, which is why companies are “future proofing” their typefaces.
• #crafttherainbow: Check out The House That Lars built on Instagram, and follow along with this colorful + inspirational hashtag!
• Instagram now allows you to edit your captions on photos…buh-bye spelling mistakes! Now if they could create a better way to toggle between different accounts, that’d be greaaaat.
• Seven social media tips from Queen Bey (‘s social media manager) herself.
• Inhale, Exhale, just like it says. Here are some quick yoga tips to help you feel better while working.
Happy first week of November! I have some really big things in the works and I can’t wait to share with you next week! Happy Friday eve, and enjoy this weeks inspirational and noteworthy links!
• Chipotle’s new series on their bags + cups, Cultivating Thought, is both well designed and a fun read.
• Buzzed killed it with this list of 40 colorful Instagram accounts to follow.
• Want to feel really inspired by typography? Check out this portfolio by Bryan Patrick Todd.
• Kiehl’s teamed up with two artists to create this year’s limited addition packaging. Pretty awesome results.
• Caught the travel bug? Check out this list of places to travel in your 20’s.
• Familiar with A Beautiful Mess? I love their blog, and now they have launched ABM exclusive items in their shop. Pretty cute stuff!
• 10 Steps to Happier Living…it’s not too hard
• This has become my FAVORITE YouTube video. Just try to watch without smiling.
Happy Hallo-week! I’m so excited for my costume (I finished it last night) and can’t wait to share. In the meantime, enjoy these links to get you through your Thursday!
• Norway redesigned their currency, and it is A W E S O M E.
• A color palette for your day.
• J.Crew for Paperless Post? Yes please!
• Have you heard of Niice.co? Their tagline, A Search Engine with Taste sounds like my kind of site!
• Still need a quick DIY Halloween Costume? My friend Kelly has a ton to choose from!
• What’s your Halloween horoscope?
• Why are Victorian homes so CREEPY?
• Jack-o-lantern pie pops? YUM, Leah has done it again!
Friday! Since yesterday I posted my fall cocktails post, I thought today I would double up on the usual Font Friday and Noteworthy inspiration. Hope you all have a great weekend!
Recently, I have been watching a bit of Shark Tank, and it is safe to say I am obsessed. When one of my gal pals, Ryan, sent me a list of inspirational Mark Cuban quotes, I knew I needed to make one of them a Font Friday. The typeface, Heuristica, comes in both regular + bold weights, and includes italics for both. Bonus! Enjoy the noteworthy articles below.
• Reading about Oh Joy! and her Target collaboration, part 1, 2 + 3, now that her final collection is out
• This beautiful look book designed by Kate Arends
• Can you design happiness?
• Loving this bright + fun packaging + logo design
• Mark Cuban’s motivational quotes for the worker in all of us
• Struggle with productivity? Check out this productivity quest.
• Change up your morning routine + improve your day
• A workspace for extroverts? Yes please!