Hi all! This year has brought a ton of changes…all good, but changes none the less. I got married, I moved (still in LA, not to worry!), I started a new job. That’s a lot of BIG things to happen. 2015 has been a wonderful year, and I’m so excited to send out my new years card for the first time as a married woman.
This year we used Shutterfly to make our FIRST card as a new couple. Shutterfly has SO many options, and we chose to go with a 1 photo option with…GOLD FOIL. I love foil, and adding it to our holiday card creates a festive touch.
I selected envelope liners that matched the colors and playfulness of the card, and love the added surprise the recipient gets upon opening the envelope.
I hopped on over to the post office and found these adorable snowflake stamps that compliment the winter vibes and colors of our card.
Here’s to wishing you and yours a happy holiday season and new year, and to a very healthy and wonderful new year! Be sure to check out Shutterfly for all of their adorable card options, for the holidays, new years and beyond.
[Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Shutterfly. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Happy Holidays!]
With just a month until my wedding, I am busy wrapping up all final details and making sure everything is exactly as I want it. I’m going to be sharing bits and pieces of my wedding here, and figured I would start with my favorite part (other than the groom)…my wedding invitations! I worked with Minted to create an invitation suite that fits my aesthetic, and is something I will keep for years to come. Minted was AWESOME to work with, and they made it a breeze to get my invitations ordered. I knew I wanted feminine, classic, and a touch of gold foil. Check them out! They have so many options and ideas.
I love the scroll detail that is carried through the entire suite. It was the perfect design element to tie all the pieces together. It is feminine and classic, and the rose gold foil really makes it stand out.
The corks are all from champagne bottles we celebrated our engagement with.
The Hebrew phrase on our invitation is one of my favorites. We having a Jewish wedding, and this is is recited during the ceremony. It means “I am my beloved’s, and my beloved is mine.”
I love the all white look, with a few pops of color. I normally love colors, but for my invitation, I wanted it to feel more classic and sophisticated. I chose the scroll typography heart for the stamp which complimented the rest of the invitation quite well.
I am SO happy with how they came out, and they have been very well received by my guests. Minted made the whole process easy, and fast. The invitation sets the tone for your wedding, and I am so excited with the first impression this made on my guests.
[A huge thank you to Minted who sponsored this post. All opinions expressed are my own.]
Photos by Samantha Zachrich.
Trends are a funny thing. They come in waves, and just as quickly as something becomes popular, it can become passé. Looking on Instagram, Pinterest + blogs, it is interesting to see what objects, colors + designs keep showing up across all mediums. After thinking about what items I keep repeatedly seeing, I complied a list of the top 10 things I see as “trending” right now. Whether its a giant balloon letters, palm leaves or flamingos, these colors/objects are having their moment in the design + blog eye.
[10 | 9 | 8 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 ]
What are your thoughts? Did I miss any? Let me know in the comments if there is other trends you think I should include next time! Check back NEXT week for trends that I see are on the rise. They may be the next big thing.
• A brilliant brand integration between Fox + iStock.
• Animal illustrations with a hipster flair.
• Awesome packaging for FROLIC, flavored peanut butter.
• A quick video on why packaging really is important.
• 13 podcasts to inspire and make you smarter.
• Ikea furniture that will be able to charge your phone wirelessly.
• Easily distracted like me? Could have something to do with your creativity.
• Airbnb is always doing interesting+ out of the box campaigns. Check out their newest.
THURSDAY. I am off to Seattle to do some wedding planning (!!), and meet with a bunch of vendors. All you wedding pros, planners and enthusiasts, what are some of the best tips you have for staying organized? Let me know! Enjoy this week’s round up of noteworthy links from around the web!
• How an old school publishing house is using digital design to sell their books (Check out the interactive site.)
• 30 beautiful reasons to love red, pink, orange + yellow.
• Love love love the packaging design on these chocolate truffles
• This super detailed, hand illustrated map of Paris by Jenni Sparks is so well done, I can’t stop looking at it.
• Need some inspiration for your Oscar viewing party? My friend (and expert event designer) Simply Troy has some great hosting tips over on La Crema‘s blog. (I also designed some pretty awesome Oscar ballots + bingo cards that are available to download on their site.)
• A simple secret to finding happiness.
• Have you see Drake’s newest mixtape, “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late,” album cover? The typographic choice is…interesting, and was very quickly turned into an interactive site. Play around with your own album name creations here.
• Redecorating your home? Check out this year’s interior design trends.
• Wanderlust? Check out this gorgeous travel site to inspire your next trip.
Happy Tuesday! I’ve created a hashtag project on Instagram to add more positivity to all of our lives (who doesn’t need a daily does of motivation, happiness or inspiration?) Follow along at #thedailyshine and tag your own pictures. I’ll be reframing my favorites weekly!
Have a happy day!